Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Fabulous Single Life

Lately I've tried looking around my life, seeing what is only reality to me because of my fabulous single life. So much of who we are is defined by who we are with, especially when it comes to relationships.

Here are a couple of things I revel in during these crazy awesome single days:

  • I can sleep so late. Work mornings I sleep until 7:52 (after an hour of playing cat and mouse with the alarm clock) and drag my butt into the office right before 9:00 a.m. Weekends... no kiddies needing attention or hubbies rustling the sheets. Ahhhh.... peaceful, perfect sleep.

  • I don't have to share. My shampoo is my shampoo. My TV is my TV. I can buy the expensive coffee because it will last forever anyway. No one is helping themselves to my food. Its all about me around my house. Because I'm the only one who lives here.

  • I pee with the door open.

  • No extra messes.

  • If I feel like leaving the house at midnight for who knows what reason, I can do it. No questions asked or explanations needed. If I want to work late, whoo hoo, I go for it. No late carpools, pissy hubbies w/o dinner. Its drive thru night!

  • I don't have to come home at all actually.

  • I can sit on the couch all night. No moving required.

  • No one makes fun of me or disturbs my aura during yoga.

  • People take care of me. Since I don't have one designated man to look out for my protection and honor, I have a whole man-army cohesively doing so.

  • Clothing is optional. I mean, at home.

  • I can flirt as much as I want. Yeah baby.
Ha, I'm feeling pretty good about my life now. Sure, there's down sides but the positives are pretty good and I want to make sure I don't miss out on anything during this period of my life and am thankful for each open-doored pee. I mean, come on, it could get claustrophobic in there.

Kisses!

1 comment:

  1. you really hit it in on the head! When people think the single life, they just think the freedom to flirt and talk to who ever they want to talk to, which is always nice.

    But i have to say my favorite single moments that you touched are:

    - peeing with the door open! I don't think people realize how freeing that is. hahaha. The first time I moved into my own place, I closed the door behind me and sat on the toilet. While I was doing my biz, i thought "Wait a second...this is weird..nobody is here...OPEN THAT DOOR BITCH!"

    - I've actually spent many nights sleeping on the couch. Loved it.

    - And the idea of not coming home and nobody knowing about it to bother me is fabulous.

    Good times.

    ReplyDelete