Thursday, August 27, 2009
Tuesday, August 25, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Ok, that's not exactly true.
I'm used to being ignored by boys once I:
a.) Show interest in them
b.) Kiss them
c.) Verbally state I like them
d.) Ask why they ignore me so much
e.) All of the above
Boys I don't give a crap about kissing, dating, etc. allow me to do, say, or ask for whatever I please and love it. I understand all of the above to some extent, but come on, its all annoying in the end.
So, that said, I'm starting to have a little issue. Well, not necessarily. Eh, who knows.
Harry and I met about a month ago and have been talking for two months now. We have been on 4 dates (wow!) and talk on the phone everyday. Here are some of the things he has said to me:
- I can't wait to see you 100 and 1/2 hours from now
- You can call me anytime
- You are so uniquely fun and exciting
- I go to sleep smiling after I talk to you
- Be careful
- I'm so excited
My question is, is all this too much being so soon? I tell him not to get carried away and he says too late. I'm not used to guys I actually consider being with, being this attuned to me, especially so soon. I mean, he can count very well, thus explaining the first one. My last two men of late have been incapable of counting to 10 in English, much less another language. But still. That is some counting. But more pointedly, that is thoughtful and attentive.
He says he thinks of me often. Its all so nice. He calls when he says he will. He truly, genuinely likes me.
I quoted the 100 hours line to my friend today and she exclaimed, "What did you do to him???!!"
Trust me, nothing like that dear. Nothing like that.
So, is this too much? Or should I just sit back and enjoy it??? I mean, I am a long time single single girl. I kill my own bugs. I sleep alone. I am prepared to fight the boogie man if need be. I mean, I have a steel baseball bat. And my fists. This chick is not used to men that are interesting, showing supreme interest in me!
What to do??
Tuesday, August 4, 2009
I might have been wrong.
There, I said it.
I might like Harry.
The Saturday Harry Date was comprised of a short little drive to meet up, and then proceeded to include a daytime sporting event, a cool 8:00 dinner and (since I wasn't tired of him yet) a visit to my favorite blues club. I got home at 4 a.m.
So, lets analyze. Why do I like this guy?
Break out the bullet points.
- He. is. so. easy. to. talk. to. And. fun. to. talk. to. Period.
- He came prepared. And was early.
- Omgosh, he is hilarious. And he gets my humor!
- He talks. About interesting stuff.
- He has a passion. And pursues it.
- He drinks beer and loves God. Maybe I shouldn't put those together but in my mind, they are in a way, quite intertwined.
- He write good.
- He is timely and considerate.
- On a cleanliness scale (as in housekeeping, not hygiene) of 1-10, he is a 9. His impeccable, nothing is out of place car proves it.
- He likes me.
Ok, thats all I can say for now, I'm already scared to say too much too soon. We have a tentative date for Saturday. Wish me and my insanity luck!