Thursday, June 25, 2009

When I grow up, I wanna have boobies

I got a raise at work. Its funny what you (don't) do when have you close to zero discretionary income. And then its funny what you want to do once you have a little to work with.

I decided I wanted two things. Tennis shoes and bras. Both are items I have not purchased since (gasp) college. Its been three years. I started with bras.



I suppose I haven't been very aware of my boobs over the past several years. They don't do much for me. I mean, I don't have a particular functional use for them at present moment. In middle school I would obsess over them, wondering when they would actually be considered big. Eventually I stopped waiting on them to grow. Because they never really did.

Bra shopping was an experience. I almost cried after two hours of 34Bs being too small and 36As being too big, underwires jabbing at my chest and straps that felt like sandpaper. No one was around to help or measure or whatever it is they are supposed to do. Finally, I ended up back in Victoria Secret. I figured if anyone would have something, it would the the land of angels and pink.

I finally found a size that work and clapped my hands like a school girl in the dressing room. My boobs were pretty. These bras work. They boost and shape and push and pop those things right up. Wow, I thought. I have a little something something on top.

Well, I have to admit I made my purchases that day and then came back during the semi-annual sale and did some more damage. But its like I have discovered a new part of myself.

However, like the rest of things in life, sometimes you just want a little more. I stared in the mirror this morning in my fabulous light pink lacy bra and thought, wow, if only the cleavage to bra ratio was a bit more equal. And, like so many things in life, there is always some sort of solution for those truly seeking. So, I grabbed the little black inserts out of the bottom of my sock drawer, stuck them in, and whala! I have more boobies!

It was fun. I rarely wear form fitting clothing but today, I did. And man, what a pair of boobies hiked up in a little black shirt can do for a girl. My whole body looked smaller compared to those things. I mean, it wasn't that I was drastically larger, I was just enhanced and shaped. And it was dang nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment