Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Should I stay or should I go now?

Well, a couple things have happened since the last time I've written about happenings in my life. Its been a roller coaster of emotions around here and I'm just trying to sort through them all and deal with it without going crazy wild or simply stopping and crying for a few days.

Well, Mr. Nice Guy and I had a pretty big fight. Its so much history and so much baggage. Two years of dating and one year of being "friends." We tried to go to a wedding together this weekend which essentially ended up with us lost in an unknown city at 10:45 p.m. with me having not eaten since 4, no place to stay that night and Mr. So Called Nice Guy yelling at me for being concerned with all three of those things. All I could do was dissolve into tears and state that I needed to be taken home.

I told him I need to take a break from all the drama that comes with us hanging out. That I don't need an explanation, emails or phone calls. Whatever needs to be said, I'm sure has been said at some point over the past three years and we just need time to think and be ourselves away from each other. He just said ok and that hes sorry and respects my decision. So, I don't know what to do with that, I just hope I can stay strong and not fall back on him like I always do.

So, here I am staring at a bleak weekend without even any online prospects (I will save THAT synopsis for another entry) and who else but Mr. Big pops up on my facebook chat. (Check out this blog for background info.) Here's about how the conversation went (spitting my best game and all).

Mr. Big: you beautiful piece of woman you come to bonnaroo with me (he's too cool for punctuation)

Me: Yes! Yes! Mr. Big, whatever you say!

To top it off, Mr. commitmentphobe hasn't even bought tickets yet, plane or bonnaroo, and it starts this weekend! On the other hand, what could be better than a weekend away from this place with someone I absolutely have a blast with? And hello, bonnaroo? Omgosh, I have always been too sensible to go but it would like be my heaven on earth. They even encourage you to bring local organic food with as little as possible packaging material and bug spray sans deet (not sure whats wrong with deet but I'm sure its some environmental sin).

Ok, Ben Harper, Grace Potter, Girl Talk, Zac Brown, Phish, Springsteen, ahhh! Oh, and Mr. Big.

So, Its totally what I need, right? Noooo. Yes!!!!!

UPDATE:

I'm not going. He makes me too stupid. I will be setting my pandora quickmix to the above mentioned artists this weekend though happy with the $250 I could have spent on a ticket still in my bank account.

1 comment:

  1. Yes - totally get this scenerio. Would have been fun with Mr. Big - but empty fun, since there's no 'real' relationship there - hate when things go like this...but at least you have the option to go or not!!

    And good for you for saving the $$$! xoxo

    ReplyDelete