Monday, April 12, 2010

Focus: Things That are Awesome

My problem lately is that I have no idea what I want in my life. Let us take a look at what is cool, makes me happy and then see if I can refocus on those things and figure out my direction a little better.

  • Cake. The band and the food.
  • Pottery with a side of sunshine and good friends. Or interested strangers. It's a toss up really.
  • Eating out.
  • Music.
  • Outside, especially at my college. (Graduated 4 years ago...)
  • Reading.
  • Writing.
  • Helping people. Too broad of a concept though. How about, helping kids, helping my sisters or my parents.
  • Kitties and puppies. Why not like the mainstream joys?
  • Plants.
  • Travel.
  • DIY projects.
  • Feeling like I'm in the middle of it. Being out in the bustle. Doing stuff and seeing stuff.
  • Clowns. No, I hate these.
  • Friends. Nice ones. Not ones that say they have to do laundry instead of hangout with me. Ones that invite me to star parties.
  • I really like The Office. It was soooo good last night. That's what she said.
  • My savings account. I'm so proud that I've been able to make it into something when it was at zero last year this time when I started this blog. It's like my little account of possibility.
  • My new Bible Study I'm in; Beth Moore, Esther.
  • The new dress I got at Ross tonight. (Yes, lets end on a materialistic note.) Even though its an XL in juniors. My boobs needed some room- I'm no teeny bopper anymore. Ok, all of me needed the room. (I hid the size on the hanger from Cute Gay Mike that granted me dressing room access. So silly but I'm prideful.)
I need to try new things more. Putting myself in the middle of things and seeing new areas of this little town I start to get down about. There's two open houses this week of two businesses. I'm gonna go. I never do that stuff because I have to mingle and make small talk. Alas. I will suck it up and go.

Update 1: Read the London email wrong. I will know the week of April 12. Not April 12. So glad I checked my email about 20x before checking my facts.

Update 2: Liking Harry these days. Possibly leaning more towards the sensible life of dating nice men rather than the more exotic life of a year abroad. But who knows.

1 comment:

  1. i like the list. :) i agree with cake: the band and food!

    ReplyDelete